Friday, June 19, 2015

L.A. TRAVEL DIARY: EATING OUT

I could not wrap up my L.A. Travel Diary without telling you about some great eats around the city! There's so much variety in California! My friend did a great job introducing me to many new places, so today I picked out a few ''the best of the best spots'' that you absolutely MUST eat at. Believe me, the foodie that he is and the always hungry girl that I am, you won't regret visiting those places ;)


BREAKFAST at Paper or Plastik Cafe


Let's start off with this note. It was the first time I came across such an idea, and I think it's brilliant. With all the social media frenzy and a feeling of staying updated every second of the day, sometimes we forget about the little things and those that are right in front of us. Sometimes it's good to put down your phone for a while and just enjoy your meal and conversation. I know, often it all looks too good not to take a picture (and I'm guilty of it too), but it's important to have boundaries. Props to Paper or Plastik Cafe for a nice reminder!


As far as food goes, Paper or Plastik Cafe offers the highest quality of food and an interesting menu. There were many things on the list that seemed very new to me. Since they serve everything fresh, I would recommend coming early, because they tend to run out of things. I had to put in three orders to finally get what they actually still had. Nevertheles, it was still amazing. I ended up with a turkey and avocado sandwich with a bacon JAM! BAM! Wild party in my mouth.

address: 5772 W Pico Blvd



LUNCH at 101 Coffee Shop


Next up is this Hollywood landmark (best known for its appearance in the Swingers movie and the TV show Entourage), which will take you back to the 1960's. 



Authentic retro style design, amazing service and even better food, those are all the reasons to vote in favor for this place. And when I say amazing food, of course I mean American staples - milkshakes, burgers and pies. I went with the waitress's suggestion, and got a Nut 'n' Honey Shake (made with vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and honey) - insert lots of crazy happy emojis. And of course a cheeseburger with frieeees.

address: 6145 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood



SWEET TREAT from Sprinkles Cupcakes


This one is the obvious choice when you're in L.A. Although the city is known for being a capital of donuts, you have to make a stop at Sprinkles and try their delicious treats. It's a must and an order!

address: 9635 South Santa Monica Boulevard
189 the Grove Drive
735 South Figueroa Street



DINNER at Craig's


If you're a fan of  any celebrities, you know paparazzi follow them everywhere, especially in Los Angeles. Craig's is known for mouth watering dishes, but also for being a celebrity hot spot. Practically any night you go there, you'll find somebody famous. I got to see Ozzy Osbourne with his wife Shanon, Cara Santana and the novelist Jackie Collins. Just pick a seat at the bar and you'll notice everybody coming in. As soon as the camera flashes go on, you'll know somebody important just entered the restaurant ;) Apart that fact, food is amazing and staff really friendly. The only picture I got to take is the one of a chocolate pizza. It's a special treat, which doesn't even exist in the menu, so you just have to ask for it. It's worth it!

address: 8826 Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood



LATE NIGHT RUN to Carney's


By now you probably heard about L.A. staple fast food In 'n' Out, but I've got an alternative for you, which I believe is even better. For those late runs munchies -  head to Carney's! I don't know if it was the high after all the fun watching a stand up comedy at the Comedy Store nearby or a couple drinks I've had, but this meal was everything I needed at midnight! And how cool is it dining out on a train on Sunset Strip (few blocks from Chateau Marmont)?!  

address: 8351 Sunset Boulevard







41 comments:

  1. yummmm...
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yami!!! Pictures look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Nie ma czego zazdroscic, tylko przyjezdzac! ;)

      Delete
  4. so much food! Everything looks awesome but that chocolate...wow, I have died and gone to heaven!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Śliczne zdjęcia ♥
    Wszystko wygląda przepysznie :)
    Zazdroszczę Ci, że mieszkasz w Ameryce ;)

    http://nastriala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, yummy!! the food looks really delicious :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so brilliant, yummy!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paper or Plastik Cafe looks sooo cute! But all the food looks absolutely delicious! I'm starving!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was divine! I highly recommend that place!

      Delete
  9. So much yummy food and that cupcake just gave me a serious craving
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know those cupcakes are worth the splurge!

      Delete
  10. Zazdroszczę tak bardzo! Ameryk od dłuższego czasu to moje wielkie marzenie!

    http://try-to-touch-the-clouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to nic tylko spelniac marzenia! Ja tez kiedys bylam na twoim miejscu, wiec zapewniam, ze wszystko sie da! Pozdrawiam!

      Delete
  11. All the food looks amazing! Sprinkles is such a cool idea! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - everything looks amazing!!!! Loving all the places to eat and now I'm so hungry hahaha!!

    How adorable is the sprinkles cupcake ATM - far too cute! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, how awesome its that idea?! Gotta love America and its ATMs :D

      Delete
  13. Super yummy!!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fries in these shots look delicious! I'm feeling hungry now so I might have to go get some myself.

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. yum yum yum!! made me super hungry! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha sorry! thank you for stopping by though! Have a lovely week yourself!

      Delete
  16. OMG!! Looks amazing!! Great blogpost, really!!!

    ♥ Nissi
    www.nissimendes.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling! Thanks for stopping by! :*

      Delete
  17. my favorite kind of post! not only i love LA but that cupcakeatm! AHH. i wanna try it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pyszności! Ciekawa uwaga odnośnie sprzętów. Chciałabym zobaczyć tych paparazzi, koniecznie! :)
    Zlajkowałam twój fanpage, bo chyba częściej będę tu gościć.
    Zapraszam do mnie na nowy post, mam nadzieję, że Ci się spodoba!
    http://fallenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zdecydowanie ciekawa sprawa z tymi z paparazzi, chociaz nie chcialabym byc przed ich fleszami!

      Dziekuje za odwiedziny, bardzo mi milo!!! Pozdrawiam

      Delete
  19. All of these places look amazing! Wish Cupcake ATMs where in England! xo

    Sarah Louise Porter Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, ever since I moved to America, ATM for everything now seem like a necessity!

      Delete
  20. Wow!! Such a great places!! Thanks for sharing. I'll bookmark this for my trip. Xo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely LOVE LA's food!!! So yummy!! This post is great!!

    xx Olivia
    www.hellooliviablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many delicious picks, everything looks great -- especially that cupcake! :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Zakochałam się w Twoim blogu!!!
    Swietny post ! Az slinka cieknie !!!

    Pozdrawiam
    http://missmoonlight-pl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...